The following winners were chosen based entirely on consumer ratings submitted with reviews on Cruise Critic:
1) Glacier Bay in Alaska was named the Most Popular Cruise Destination in 2018, reflecting the growing popularity of Alaska cruises. Glacier Bay received the highest ratings among cruise destinations across the globe and was also the top-rated destination in Alaska for the third year in a row. It's one of the best Inside Passage locations for glacier and wildlife viewing, with Margerie Glacier considered to be one of the most photogenic glaciers.
2) Cuba's capital of Havana was named the Best Cruise Destination in the Western Caribbean & Riviera Maya for the first time, reflecting the growing popularity of Cuba cruises. While international cruise lines have long visited Cuba, U.S. travelers have only been legally visiting since 2016. Today, 17 cruise lines visit Cuba, and cruise travel is considered one of the best and easiest ways to visit the island as U.S. regulations continue to evolve.
3) Disney Cruise Line's Castaway Cay received the award for Best Cruise Line Private Island for the third consecutive year. The destination also was ranked as the top overall island in the Caribbean. It has become an all-ages hit with families, offering the same character experiences that Disney is famous for, while also including an adults-only retreat for those looking for some quiet time.
4) Celebrity Cruises was a big cruise line winner, receiving awards in nine of the 18 regional categories, including Best Cruise Line in Alaska, Australia & New Zealand and all three Caribbean regions.
5) Viking Ocean Cruises stood out among the small cruise lines, receiving four awards, including Best Cruise Line in the Baltic & Scandinavia, Western Caribbean & Riviera Maya, British Isles & Western Europe, and Western Mediterranean.