Our partners just came back from Secrets Cap Cana, great adults only all inclusive in Dominican Republic
Here are the observation about this resort:
1. Good hotel in a good area. Cap Cana is about 20-25 min from airport, very convenient. Area is secured - kind of Cap Cana hotel zone - talked to stuff there, they say it is pretty safe. We walked on the beach in the night - feels safe. Secrets's beach is guarded , too.
2. You can look at factsheet for number of rooms, etc. It is 457 rooms. Most of them are king bed ones. Occupancy was 90% , which we did not feel at all. There are some beach villas, as they call it, in preferred area - 2 story building with 4 villas each. Several buildings. All close to the beach.
3. Pretty good rooms. Not all of them, but preferred club all rooms have jacuzzi on the balcony. No bathtub in the bathroom - just shower, but two rain ones. Shower can be opened to the room , divided from the room with shutters and glass - so, open/hide.
4. All rooms should have bathrobes and slippers - asked about it specifically.
5. Two big pools - one in regular area, one in preferred area. Free form, with infinity pool parts. Jacuzzi in both areas. Swim-up bar in regular area. Water volleyball option in regular area. Good service around the pool.
6. Stuff is good trained, helpful. Well, still some hiccups, but better, then average in Dominican Republic.
7. Beach - long, wide. Separate for preferred club. I would say - three areas on the beach. Two of them ( on the edges) - are with palapas , or umbrellas. And in the middle - just sunbathing. Palms are everywhere, but not like a forest. Entry to the sea - can be challenging. It is bumpy , with seagrass (short), some mushy spots. You can navigate around it, lasts for around 5-12 yards, then you are in the perfect condition. It is chest/shoulder deep clear blue water. Sandy bottom. No seaweed. No waves - reef is close. Paradise.
8. Non-motorised sport included.
9. Food - as usual Bordeaux and Portofino are the best. We liked the food and service. Quick , attentive. Oceana - good food, but very long waiting time in between serves (may be it was just wrong timing) . Buffet is good, but not a lot of vegetables and fruits ( almost no papaya :). Still very acceptable food. Preferred club has a lounge and open cafe. Oceana is opened for breakfast only for preferred club guests. If not a big difference, try to sell preferred club. No reservation anywhere.
10. Entertainment - evening show every night, lobby entertainment. Desires lounge for disco, or themed nights. Well, I liked lobby ones. 11. They have different events scheduled around the day at different spots. Have seen beachvolleyball, waterwalleyball, dance classes, aquaaerobics - looks like people enjoy it.