My wife and I just returned back from Paradisus La Perla, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. Our experience was AMAZING. We explored this adults only resort and next door family friendly Paradisus La Esmeralda. These two resorts make Paradisus Playa Del Carmen resort complex. Here are 7 reasons why we LOVE it!
1. GREAT SERVICE, especially if you use their Royal (for adults) and Family Concierge (for families) services. Resort's staff is friendly and trying to help you with any requests or issues you might have. Over last several years we had so many situations when we needed special attention from the resort to satisfy various requests for our clients and Paradisus Team always addressed them effectively to make sure clients are HAPPY.
2. Paradisus Team is always striving to PROTECT NATURE and HELP LOCAL COMMUNITY. They are conducting various projects to conserve energy and water, clean beach, protect it from erosion and so on. The beach at Paradisus is chosen to get Blue Flag certification, awarded by the Foundation for Environmental Education out of Denmark. The certification acknowledges beaches around the world that make a continual effort to be environmentally responsible. It is the first beach in Riviera Maya. I was very impressed with their blind masseur program where they employ several blind people who are doing massage therapy to Paradisus guests.
3. Paradisus management always LISTENS TO CLIENTS' FEEDBACK TO IMPROVE VACATION EXPERIENCE. Within last several years they improved beach area by adding restrooms, bars, additional access points. They introduce new amenities such as Wine Tasting experience. Paradisus built a mobile app where guests can make restaurant reservations, book various activities and amenities.
4. WORLD CLASS PASSION RESTAURANT. All minor details at that restaurant are thought through: impeccable service , custom designed plates from stone matching granite floor of the restaurant, touches of molecular cuisine , mixture of local Mexican ingredients into French-Basque dishes. Its Executive Chef Maximiliano Sola is working under renown chef Martin Berasategui for last 14 years. Martin Berasategui (who is 8 Michelin star chef) is another great reason why to consider this amazing resort for your next family and adults only vacation. The defining experience is the indulgent, decadent seven-course tasting menu that showcases the chef’s passion and creativity with plates like gazpacho , Kobe flap meat with liquid Brie cheese spheres and more.
5. Ability to make SPECIAL REQUESTS and RESTAURANT RESERVATIONS before arrival. This is a big plus as not all Caribbean resorts allow it.
6. VARIETY OF DIFFERENT ROOM CATEGORIES that allow families of all sizes come and enjoy the resort. For example, not many resorts let families with 3 children to stay in the same unit. Paradisus Playa Del Carmen has many One and Two Bedroom units.
7. KIDS CLUB are for kids 2 years and older. There are not so many resorts that allow such young kids to stay at the Kids Club without parents. It has variety of activities for kids such as Pizza making parties, scavenger hunts and more.