Meet Duran Duran- Cartagena's Preferred Tour Company
March 24, 2016
Cartagena is a modern port city on Columbia's Caribbean post. We have partnered with Duran-Duran, one of the best tour guides the city, to offer our client's the services below:
1. Cartagena city tours For this Cartagena city tour you will explore all the Historic highlights of the city, visit see the old walled city and the colonial houses, beautiful streets and squares. This is an exciting tour done in an air conditioning bus with a professional tour guide. All entries are included in the price of the tour.
2. Open Market and Cooking Class Cartagena Tour The cooking class Cartagena tour is a unique experience lived by AnhtonyBourdain, see and test exotic fruits with great flavors, colors and all sort of shapes, tropical Juices. Get to know the local coconut rice or try the “empandas”; this awesome experience will set unforgettable memories on your tongue, this is a unique tour for people who enjoy experiencing what it is like to cook a traditional Cartagenian meal with local, fresh ingredients from an open air market. Additionally, you have the opportunity to cook in the kitchen of a Cartagena family in their neighborhood outside the walls of the Centro Historico, the “other” Cartagena. Round-trip transportation is provided from your hotel.
3. The Palenque Tour The Palenque Cartagena tour of for people who loves humanities. In this adventure we will travel to the palenque´s village, a corner of africa in Colombia. in this place you will meet with an untouched african heritage from Colonial slavery times, heritage like: Bantú language, the ritual dances, a social organization where the woman is the base of culture, african candies and food, you will learn a new the cosmovisión of the universe and hospitality from real descendents of old african blood lines, this people are really proud of embracing their cultural roots.
4. Walking tour Cartagena During the colonial time, this beautiful city became the most important one to Spain. On a walking tour Cartagena, we can see the why. Walking through the old town, you can feel the story of what the Spanish used to call THE KEY OF LAS INDIAS. With this walking tour, you will get a great overview of the streets of Cartagena, its beautiful houses, and that great feeling of living the history in every step you take.
This will be a great chance to learn about the historical value of each site as you observe the different churches, convents and shrines around. In addition, you will take in the different styles of the residential homes in this magical place. Having a walking tour in the old city, is having fun and learning about pirates, ghost, slavery, inquisition, architecture ; On a walking tour, we can understand the way people in the colonial time used to identify themselves in order to be classified on the local people status. ou will have the opportunity to see part of the military architecture of Cartagena with its vaults and walls. The tour includes walk-ins into some sections of the walls. We will end our tour at the charming streets and squares of Getsemaní, one of the most traditional neighborhoods one of the most pleasant places in the walled city.
5. Cartagena Bike tour One of the funniest things to do is the Cartagena Bike tour , spend 2 or 3 hours. We will visit Gethsemane, downtown and San Diego neighborhood; you will get to know about the defense of the city from pirat attacks, colonial time lifestyle and the history of the independence of Cartagena.
You will visit the Church of Saint Peter Claver, the Walls, the slave market, Simon Bolivar square, the Huge Catholic Cathedral, Histories of the streets and a Our bikes are fancy and easy to drive. Come, join us and have fun in a healthy way! Cartagena Bike tour your best choice.
You will see several areas of Cartagena by bicycle including the whole old walled city, the San Diego neighborhood, downtown and Getsemani. You will visit the old walls, the slave market, Simon Bolivar Square, The Catholic Cathedral, beautiful old colonial houses and plazas and learn the history of the various streets and monuments. We will stop to take photos, our bikes are easy to ride, so join us on this fun tour of the city! Our staff is really fun and knowledgeable they will explain the walls and the main defenses of the city ask them whatever you want, the will take the pictures for you and keep you safe, only worry for enjoying the wind, the sun and the beatiful colors of this city.