Because We ALL Need a Little Freshening Up Here and There
November 20, 2015
Below are five resorts where major all-inclusive companies have taken over existing properties, closed them for renovations/rebranding and are now up and operating or will be next month.
1. Moon Palace Jamaica Grande -- This is the only property outside Mexico for the all-inclusive brand Palace Resorts. The 17-acre spread is said to boast the longest stretch of private beach in Ocho Rios. Amenities at the 4.5-star retreat include five pools, a FlowRider surf simulator, the Wired Teen Lounge and a kids' club for ages 12 and under. A 35,000-square-foot spa has a gym, plunge pools and areas dedicated to meditation and yoga. It was formerly the Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort and Spa. The resort re-opened July 2015.
2. Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica -- Guests seeking a no-kids vacation have a new option with this 5-star, all-inclusive resort. Located on Costa Rica's Pacific coast in Guanacaste, Secrets Papagayo will offer wait service at the beach and pool, in-room minibars, beach parties and a variety of restaurants and bars. This resort was previously the Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa. It re-opened this month.
3. Secrets Playa Bonita Panama -- Located on a Pacific Ocean beach in Panama, this 5-star, all-inclusive resort will have five freeform pools, jungle walkways and a 10,000-square-foot spa. All rooms have ocean views and private balconies. It will cater to vacationers seeking a no-kids setting. This property was formerly the InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort & Spa. It is scheduled to open December 1, 2015.
4. Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa -- This 4-star, all-inclusive spot on Mexico's Pacific coast is a great choice for a family getaway. It provides family accommodations (with connecting rooms and kids' amenities), the Explorer's Club for ages 3 to 12 and the Core Zone Teens Club for ages 13 to 17. Parents can take advantage of the tennis courts, yoga sessions, wine-tastings and swim-up bar. This resort was formerly the Holiday Inn Puerto Vallarta Hotel. It is scheduled to open on December 16, 2015.
5. Melia Braco Village Jamaica -- Sample Caribbean cocktails and Jamaican specialties like jerk chicken at this 4-star, all-inclusive retreat on the island's north coast. It has two ocean-view pools, five a la carte restaurants and an array of recreation -- from tennis and basketball to sailing, canoeing and snorkeling. Upgrade to the Level Lounge accommodations for extra perks like private check-in, an exclusive restaurant and reserved sun loungers. It was previously The Braco Village and is scheduled to open in December 2015.