Here is the review of Iberostar Bavaro in Dominican Republic from one of our customers who just returned back from this resort.
1. Excellent food - good variety and great home-made taste, excellent fruit selection and quality (we became passion fruit junkies!), my extremely picky 4 year-olds were actually finding lots of things to eat and I don't mean just French fries!
2. Good drinks - liked the house wine quite a bit :)
3. Fantastic beach - beautiful white sand, not a pebble in sight, lots of space both in the shade and in the sun. Some waves but we rather enjoyed them. Clear blue water.
4. Waterpark for kids - very enjoyable!
5. Accommodations - loved the junior suite! Both of my 4 year-olds fit very comfortably on the little couches. (the big beds were a little too high for them) Very nicely and tastefully furnished. Liked the welcome fruit basket and rum. Very clean. And none of that humid smell that you have in a lot of the Carribean hotels. Turn-down service was a nice touch. Needed bottled water, called the front desk and it was at my door within 5 minutes! Very private, especially if you at on the 2nd floor. Great sound isolation.
6. Kids Club - lots of different activities, open most of the day, till 10:30pm. We only used it twice but it was nice to have a couple of hours to ourselves!
7. Activities - lots to do for all ages, bingo, chess, pool games, archery - we were never bored! Really liked the 4pm shows/games by the pool/beach.
8. Property - not huge but not cramped, beautiful landscaping
9. Oh also, should add - loved the service - everyone from the front desk to wait stuff to bell boys - very helpful, always smiling, very attentive.
Ok, now the stuff that could be improved:
1. Apple airport transfers - as per my earlier email, really poorly run
2. Nightly shows - seen much better, more professional, varied and family-appropriate entertainment.
3. Kids Club - the girls working there seemed very nice but spoke virtually no English.
4. A la carte restaurants - nice decor and service but food is not as impressive as the buffet